Woman-Owned, Minority-Owned, Small business founded in 2006
Avar Consulting is a woman-owned small business based in Rockville, Maryland. We specialize in research, statistics, economics, data science, healthcare quality improvement, technical assistance and survey data collection.
Avar is a wholly-owned subsidiary of AMDEX Corporation
- Size: Under $16M
- Select NAICS: 541611, 518210, 541720, 541618, 541512
- GSA Schedule, SIN 541611, (MOBIS) Contract # GS10F096CA
- Program Support Center Indefinite Delivery Indefinite Quantity (PSC IDIQ) contract, Program Support Center, Department of Health and Human Services
- Chief Evaluation Office, Department of Labor, BPA
- Procurement of Research Evaluation and Statistics Task Orders (PRESTO) IDIQ, Department of Education, Category 1: Education Sciences Support Activities
- Beneficiary and Family Centered Care (BFCC) Quality Improvement Organization (QIO) IDIQ, Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services (SAMHSA) IDIQ Domain 2S
Avar has a reputation for outstanding customer service:
Sampling Design and Statistical Methods
For the U.S. Veterans Administration, we helped design and administer the Survey of Enrollees, which comprised sampling, data collection, and analysis of 42,000 respondents over 750 strata each year.
Currently as the BFCC National Coordinating Oversight and Review Center (NCORC), we are developing a suite of machine learning tools to assist clinicians in reviewing Medicare patient records to identify medical errors.
Complex Data Analysis
For the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, our economists created the Location Affordability Index (LAI), a robust measure of standardized household housing and transportation costs at the Census tract level.
Development, Implementation, and Testing of Quality Tools
As the BFCC NCORC, we also use qualitative, quantitative, and mixed methods research to develop health-related outreach, education and decision support materials.
Statistical Modeling, Predictive Analytics, Data Science, Machine Learning, Forecasting, Econometrics, Simulation, Weighting, Imputation, Synthetic Data, Risk Analysis, Risk Scoring, Sampling, Outlier Analysis
Health Care, Sociology, Labor, Economics, Cost-Benefit Analysis, Survey Methodology, Public Safety & Welfare, Transportation, Energy, Environment, Immigration, Homeland Security, Epidemiology, Financial Analysis, Literature Reviews
Quality Improvement & Innovation
Medical Record Review, Patient Harm Reduction, Quality & Performance Improvement Initiatives, Care Coordination, Person & Family Engagement, Cultural & Linguistic Competence, Program Evaluation, Regulatory Compliance, Return-on-Investment Analysis, Technical Assistance, Education & Outreach